Five ways a swimming pool can improve your home, health and lifestyle
As we embrace a new year, some homeowners are already thinking of ways to improve their homes and lifestyles. Planning home improvement projects, getting healthier, and spending more time with their families typically tops their list of resolutions. So it's no surprise that families with young children or grandchildren would consider putting in a swimming pool.
If the thought has crossed your mind – but you're still on the fence about the idea – here are five benefits of owning a swimming pool that can collectively improve your home, health and lifestyle:
- Staycations – Staycations are becoming increasingly popular as homeowners are embracing the idea of enjoying their time off in their own homes and spending quality time with their families. Swimming pools can transform a boring backyard into a resort-style retreat where you can experience all the fun and enjoyment in the comfort of your own home.
- Staying in Shape – Whether you use your pool once a week or every day, aquatic therapy and exercise can do wonders, not only for your waistline but also for your emotional well-being. Children and teenagers benefit greatly from the time they spend in the pool. The constant playing and motion will help them shed any weight they may have gained over the winter months and keep them active all summer long.
- Entertaining Family and Friends – Nothing screams fun like a pool party. Bringing family and friends together is a wonderful way to welcome them into your sparkling swimming pool when the time comes for enjoying the warmer weather. It's also a great way for your kids to spend time with family members they might not see very often and to create memories they will cherish for years to come.
- Keeping the Kids Home – Let's face it. Most parents worry about their kids when they're at a friend's house and out of sight, and would much rather have them hanging out at their own home. Having a swimming pool in your backyard not only makes your kids among the coolest ones on the block, but your house becomes a gathering place for their friends. This added benefit will help put your mind at rest in knowing where your kids are and who they are with as you watch them have a great time, year after year.
- Home Improvement Value – Aside from the social value of a swimming pool, the value of your home can also increase. According to a recent article by the National Association of Realtors, homes with in-ground fiberglass and concrete pools saw an increase in the value of their homes by an average of five percent.
Whether 2016 is the year you put a swimming pool in or you decide to put it off, keeping your family safe is top priority. Installing a BABY-LOC® Removable Fencing when the pool is being used, along with a LOOP-LOC® Safety Swimming Pool Cover in the winter months will give you peace of mind in knowing you've added another layer of safety and protection to keep your family and any visitors out of harm's way.