Your Own Poolside Oasis: How to Turn Your Backyard Into the Perfect Summer Getaway
The summer sun is shining, and the urge to travel is setting in. However, the need to travel does not always align with our schedules. That’s where your backyard comes into play. Transform your once mundane backyard into the summer getaway of your dreams. Allow your space to let you think you’ve traveled far and wide when in reality, you’re in your backyard. Read on as we discuss how to turn your poolside oasis into the perfect summer getaway.
- Design the perfect pool. Start your staycation off with a LOOP-LOC inspired pool. You’ll soon forget where you are with unique pool designs and luxurious pool liners. There is no better staycation than a poolside staycation.
- Transform your pool into a relaxation station. There is no better escape from reality or way to unwind after a long day at work than with a relaxing dip in the pool. Whether you find yourself lounging on a pool float or swimming a few laps admiring your beautiful pool liner, the stress of the day is sure to melt away. Also try adding shade to your pool area, for additional relaxation and maximum comfort.
- Create an ideal patio space. Everyone’s idea of comfort may differ, so be sure to add decor and furniture that speaks to you. Turn your patio into an extension of your home by using the same color scheme or patterns outdoors or bring indoor comforts outdoors with you. Not only will this give your patio more character, but you will be able to fully enjoy the space.
- Bring the heat with a fire pit. While you may not be thinking about things to make your backyard warmer, a fire pit can bring you peace. A fire pit can serve multiple purposes in your backyard; it can be used to deter insects (we’re talking about you, mosquitos) or as a bonding tool with families (s’ mores anyone?). Aside from its uses, lighting a fire at the end of the night can also be a calming activity that many enjoy.
- Hang a hammock or porch swing. Hanging a hammock or porch swing can be the ideal seating you need to unwind and relax this summer. With relaxing seating fixtures such as these, you'll be well on your way to the perfect summer getaway in the comfort of your home.
- Add water features to your yard. Water features like fountains, pools, or hot tubs are not only meant to improve the look of your yard. They can also serve as relaxing noisemakers. The sound of running water from a fountain or pool can transform your backyard into an oasis. Allow yourself to get lost in the natural soothing noises your backyard can create.
Before you pull out the passports and travel itineraries, think about transforming your backyard into the perfect summer getaway location. You’ll never want to leave your yard again!