It’s summer, you have the most beautiful in-ground pool liner and now you want to show it off to your friends. A get together with friends is always better with food. Here’s a few how to tips to help you put together the perfect pool party snacks. It doesn’t take a lot of time, it just takes the right kind of planning and inspiration and that’s exactly how these tips will help you.
Steps to Effectively Planning the Perfect Pool Party Snacks
Since you will be playing hostess, it is important to be aware of each guest’s preferences and dietary requirements. These are likely good friends of yours so you probably already have an idea what they like and need, but it’s especially important to cater to that, especially if they are friends you care about, which they are!
The first step is to plan around or plan to include alternatives to foods of concern. Here’s a quick list of dietary requirements that commonly affect people at parties:
- To accommodate these individuals, make sure to have gluten-free versions of chips, cakes, cookies or anything else with wheat, rye or barley flour in it. Read the labels and look for certified gluten-free products. You could even try asking your guest what products they prefer.
- Avoid ice cream, milk, yogurt and other products.
- Try using substitutes or alternatives if need be such as Lactaid (a lactose free milk)
- Nut allergies
- Not that all food requirements aren’t serious, but this one is on the rise. Speak with any of your guests to determine just how allergic they are. It may be best to avoid having nuts completely if being in the vicinity of nuts can trigger reactions for your guests.
- The simplest way to accommodate these folks is with healthy fruits and vegetables. Avoid dips with dairy. A good hummus dip is an excellent idea.
The second step is to make a list of dishes you will serve and the ingredients required so that you know what you want when you go to the store.
The third step is to plan time to shop and prepare. Don’t cut it too close to party time.
If you need some ideas or a little help in the creativity department, check out the next section of this post.
DIY Party Snack Ideas That Will Surely Impress
For The Kids
- Use cupcake liners and fill them with multi-colored goldfish.
- Put Swedish fish in cups of blue Jell-O.
For the Health Conscious/Family-Friendly
- Cut watermelon into triangular wedges and put them on popsicle sticks
Coordinating the Snacks to Your Theme
A good party has a good theme! Since you will be hanging out in the pool area, the best way to be inspired when selecting your party’s theme is to use your in-ground pool liner. Think about its colors and patterns. Choose snacks and snack ideas that play off the color and vibe of your liner. This way everything coordinates. Your guests won’t know how you did it, but they will notice how put together the party looks and that’s exactly what we want. As a party planner you’re allowed to have some tricks up your sleeve.
Enjoy Life Pool Side
Don’t forget to relax and enjoy the festivities you created. A pool is a great feature in the summer. You worked hard to get it opened and plan the perfect party with the perfect snacks so you deserve to relax and enjoy it too!