Safety Cover Treatments
All pool safety covers must conform to the Standard Performance Specification set by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). LOOP-LOC swimming pool covers far exceed ASTM requirements that a cover must:
- Be able to support a certain amount of weight.
- Not permit gaps that a child or pet could squeeze through.
- Remove standing water.
With today's custom swimming pools featuring more design treatments – such as waterfalls, raised decks, rock treatments, and raised spas – and commercial pools' center playgrounds and nonremovable raised obstructions, achieving the ASTM guidelines on these custom designs is more critical than ever.
LOOP-LOC's exclusive treatments are the answer! Committed to keeping pools safe while still providing an elegant designer look, LOOP-LOC offers:
- AQUA-LOC® Zipper Treatment for large commercial pools and pools with rails and other nonremovable raised obstructions.
- CABLE-LOC™ Raised Wall Treatment that makes installing LOOP-LOC safety cover on a pool with raised walls a whole lot easier … and a more beautiful experience.
- SECURE-A-GAP®, the safest, simplest way to close gaps created by raised spas.
AQUA-LOC Zipper Treatment
The patented AQUA-LOC treatment is a better way to install LOOP-LOC safety covers on large commercial pools and pools with rails and other nonremovable raised obstructions. It's easy to install, easy to use, and greatly reduces the need for multiple sections and strap-and-buckle treatments. The treatment meets all ASTM standards for safety covers with:
- YKK industrial zipper secures cover sections.
- Black urethane UV coating protects zipper.
- Stainless steel block prevents zipper from being opened.
- Key-lockable cable secures block in place.
CABLE-LOC Raised Wall Treatment
Installing LOOP-LOC safety covers on pools with raised walls is a whole lot easier – and a more beautiful experience – with the innovative, patent-pending CABLE-LOC Raised Wall Treatment. CABLE-LOC not only fills in gaps, but has an elegant design that is sure to compliment all applications. The treatment, which meets all ASTM safety standards, features flexible anchor positioning, exceptional quality materials and a sleek new look with:
- The smaller-profile SAFEDGE® Safety Barrier that is segmented to better adapt to walls.
- Aircraft-quality stainless steel cable that has 5,000 lb. break strength.
- Maximum 18" anchor spacing.
The safest, simplest way to close gaps created by raised spas is LOOP-LOC'S patented SECURE-A-GAP Treatment. It's the perfect solution for raised spas, waterfalls, rises or any obstruction higher than 9", where a two cover treatment is not desired.
Avoid dangerous gaps: Traditional up and over treatments are not considered safe for rises 9" or more. These treatments leave large gaps that permit access to the water's edge, and allow leaves and debris to collect under the cover. SECURE-A-GAP is the safe solution that:
- Allows safety cover designation for rises from 9" – 18".
- Is easy to install. Installer can field fit to provide the most secure gap barrier for each cover.
- Uses flexible material that provides close fit on any irregular shapes (rocks, round spas, etc.).
- Meets all ASTM standards for safety covers.